Form 433-F


IRS Definition

Form 433-F, is a Collection Information Statement that is mailed to taxpayers for completion by Automated Collection System, Compliance Services Collection Operations, and Accounts Management.

More from H&R Block

If you have an unpaid tax balance and do not qualify for a streamlined installment agreement (owe $50,000 or less that can be paid in six years) or you think you can’t pay anything at this time, the IRS may ask you to complete Form 433-F. In most cases you can file Form 433-F, but in certain circumstances, the IRS may request that you complete Form 433-A which asks for more detailed information than the 433-F.

The IRS will use the information you provide to determine your ability to pay. The information you provide will show if you can make a monthly payment or if your expenses exceed your income and you have no ability to make a payment at this time. The IRS may request that you provide proof of your income and expenses such as pay stubs, bank account statements, or credit card statements.

Learn about your options to address an unpaid tax bill.

Get help from an IRS expert

H&R Block’s experts can solve any IRS problem, no matter how complex.

Make an appointment

Or call 855-536-6504

Related Information

What To Do If You Can’t Pay Your Taxes

Learn about the different options when you can't pay or still owe money from a past return from the tax experts at H&R Block.

Private: The Four Types of IRS Penalty Relief – and How to Know What’s Best for You

Get the facts from H&R Block about the four types of IRS penalty relief, and which IRS penalty relief option may be best for your situation.

Power of Attorney: It’s How Your Tax Pro Deals with the IRS For You

Learn the three main benefits of engaging a power of attorney to research your IRS account and resolve your tax problems. Get the facts from the experts at H&R Block.

The Top 10 Consequences of Tax Debt

Learn what to do when you can’t pay your taxes – to avoid these 10 consequences of tax debt. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.