IRS Letter 692C – Change/No Change to Proposed Audit Adjustments
The IRS is proposing adjustments to your tax return. Provide additional information within 15 days.
Type of notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS audits
Why you received IRS Letter 692C
- The IRS selected your tax return for an audit.
- After the audit, the IRS proposed changes to your tax return.
- You did not agree with the IRS’ changes.
- The IRS sent Letter 692C to explain changes, if any, to the IRS’ proposed adjustments.
Your options to address IRS Letter 692C
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
Notice deadline: 15 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS will issue a notice of deficiency which gives you 90 days to petition the U.S. Tax Court if you still disagree with their adjustments.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?