IRS Letter 2272C – The IRS Can’t Consider Your IRS Installment Agreement Request
An installment agreement cannot be established as requested.
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Likely next step: Address an IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Also see: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Letter 2272C
- You have an unpaid balance with the IRS.
- You requested an installment agreement or extension of time to pay.
- The IRS reviewed your request and sent Letter 2272C because either:
- The IRS has rejected the installment request.
- The IRS needs more information to process your installment agreement request.
Notice deadline: 10 days
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Was this topic helpful?