IRS Letter 1830 – Notice of Final Partnership Administrative Adjustment


You have 90 days to petition the tax court if you want to protest a partnership adjustment.

View notice image

Type of Notice: Return accuracy

Most common tax problem area: Business audits

Other tax problem areas: Business penalties, Unpaid business taxes

Why you received IRS Letter 1830

  1. You are a partner in a partnership.
  2. Either the IRS proposed an adjustment to a partnership return as the result of an audit, or a partner requested an adjustment to the return by filing an amended return.
  3. The IRS proposed an adjustment to the partnership return that will result in an additional tax assessment and notified all partners of the proposed adjustments.
  4. You either did not protest the adjustment or the protest was denied in appeals.
  5. The IRS sent Letter 1830 to inform you that you have 90 days to protest the adjustment by petitioning the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, or the District Court of the U.S. If no petition is filed, the adjustment will stand.

Your options to address IRS Letter 1830

  1. Dispute the taxes you owe
  2. Dispute the penalties
  3. Make arrangements to pay

Notice deadline: 90 days

If you miss the deadline: You lose the right to appeal the adjustments in court and the IRS will send a bill for the additional tax, penalties, and interest.

Want more help?

See your local tax pro for a free consultation.

Get help from an IRS expert

H&R Block’s experts can solve any IRS problem, no matter how complex.

Make an appointment

Or call 855-536-6504

Related Information

How to Handle an IRS Business Tax Audit

Learn what the IRS is looking for during a business tax audit, the steps you should take to prepare for an IRS audit, and when it's best to get expert help.

Private: How to Address IRS Business Tax Penalties

Understand the most common types of IRS business tax penalties for filing and paying late, and your possible options for requesting IRS penalty relief.

Private: What To Do If You Can’t Pay Your Business Taxes

Learn how to request an IRS payment option, like an extension to pay or an IRS installment agreement, when your business owes taxes and can't pay.

Power of Attorney: It’s How Your Tax Pro Deals with the IRS For You

Learn the three main benefits of engaging a power of attorney to research your IRS account and resolve your tax problems. Get the facts from the experts at H&R Block.

What You Need to Know About an IRS Statutory Notice of Deficiency

The Statutory Notice of Deficiency is part of a series of notices sent by the IRS to propose additional tax, penalties and interest. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.