Where’s my refund – North Dakota?
To check the status of your North Dakota refund online, go to http://tax.nd.gov/refund.
To view status information, you will be prompted to enter the:
- Tax year
- Social Security number or ITIN
- Filing status (married, single, etc.)
- Amount of refund
Then, click on “Look for Refund”. The next page will show you the status of your refund. On it, you can also select to receive automatic updates on your state tax refund by choosing either text or email.
(Please note: Information is updated once per day. Please allow 24 hours before checking again. There is no need to call our office unless the “Check Refund Status” indicates you should.)
What can cause a delay in my North Dakota refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your North Dakota refund, including the following:
- Refunds may take longer than in the past due to increased tax fraud and ID theft requiring additional security checks that may slow processing time.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustment, could cause a delayed state refund.
- If your return was missing information or incomplete, a delay may occur.
Need more North Dakota refund and tax information?
If you need additional information about your North Dakota refund, visit tax.nd.gov/refund.
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?