Where’s my refund – New Jersey?
To check the status of your New Jersey refund online, go to https://www16.state.nj.us/TYTR_TGI_INQ/jsp/prompt.jsp.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number
- Amount of the refund as listed on your tax return
- Select the tax year
- Click “Submit” to review your refund status
You may also call 1-609-292-6400 or 1-800-323-4400.
Wait four weeks from the day you filed an electronic (online) return to check the status or wait 12 weeks to check your refund if you filed a paper return. Returns that require manual processing may take 12 weeks or longer whether the return was filed electronically or on paper.
Beginning in January, New Jersey processes individual income tax returns daily.
What can cause a delay in my New Jersey refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your New Jersey refund, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more New Jersey refund and tax information?
If you need additional information about New Jersey refunds, visit https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/emailfaqs.shtml.
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?