Where’s my refund – Massachusetts?
Check the status of your Massachusetts state refund online.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Tax year
- Social Security number / ITIN
- Refund amount
Click “Search” to view refund status.
Generally, if your return has been completed correctly, electronically filed (e-filed) returns take up to six weeks to process. Paper returns take up to 10 weeks.
What can cause a delay in my Massachusetts refund?
A number of things could delay your Massachusetts refund, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Massachusetts refund and tax information?
For more information on your Massachusetts refund, visit the following web address:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?