Where’s my refund – Alabama?
To check the status of your Alabama state refund online, go to https://myalabamataxes.alabama.gov/?link=refund
- Enter your Social Security Number,
- the tax year for which the return was filed, and
- your expected refund amount, then click the “Search” button.
For the most up-to-date information concerning the status of your current year refund, call 855-894-7391.
Refunds will start being released on March 1st each year. Please check back here on or after this date to verify the status of your refund.
Return process times vary depending on many factors, including complexity of the return and Alabama’s identity verification processes. Please allow eight to 12 weeks to receive your refund.
What can cause a delay in my Alabama refund?
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Fraud and error safeguards could delay some returns.
Need more Alabama refund and tax information?
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?